Yoga poses to control Diabetes
Diabetes is nowadays a ubiquitous word. Since the last few years, persons who have Diabetes have increased a lot. It can happen to anyone irrespective of age, place, or any genetic history.
Poor diet, along with lack of exercise, has converted this condition into an epidemic. If not taken good care of it, it can undoubtedly cause a threat to our life. With daily practising yoga poses for Diabetes, you can easily control your blood sugar.
You might be wondering whether yoga can cure Diabetes? Well! Yes, yoga can help you control your Diabetes by practicing several yoga practices like meditation, pranayama, a good diet, and other such related activities.
If you are thinking of doing yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, then it can do some wonders in decreasing your high blood sugar levels.
Before knowing about the yoga poses for controlling Diabetes, lets us know in brief what Diabetes is?
Diabetes is one kind of metabolic disease that occurs when your pancreas loses its capability to create or respond to insulin that maintains the sugar level in your body. Diabetes is of two kinds:
- Type 1 diabetes: It is a chronic condition that occurs when the pancreas cannot secrete the insulin required for your body. This mainly affects people of ages below 30.
- Type 2 diabetes: It is a chronic disorder where your cells fail to make an insulin response. This results in enhanced sugar levels. It is mainly caused because of overweight and no activity. Type 2 diabetes primarily affects most diabetes patients.
- Gestational Diabetes: This condition mainly affects pregnant women without any previous history of Diabetes.
Now let’s see how yoga helps you in curing Diabetes?
- When you start practicing yoga, it offers you benefits in the following ways:
- It assists you to regenerate and reinstating the pancreatic cells through abdominal stretching.
- It assists you in muscular relaxation, enhances blood circulation in your muscles, and increases your athletic development.
- Regular yoga practice assists you in decreasing your body weight which is essential for keeping your blood sugar level in control.
- Yoga poses assist you in enhancing insulin sensitivity that results in good glucose uptake and blood sugar decrease.
- It assists you in stimulating your pancreas by increasing the circulation in the pancreas and strengthens its capacity for producing insulin.
- Most of the yoga asana helps squeeze and compress your abdomen, thereby helping to stimulate the pancreatic secretions that males more insulin to flow into your blood.
Now when you know about the benefits of yoga for Diabetes, let us know what those yoga poses to assist you in controlling sugar levels in your blood.
Yoga poses for controlling Diabetes:
- Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations: Surya Namaskar is a yoga pose that is highly useful for diabetic patients. It assists you in improving blood circulation in your pancreas and enhances the use of insulin in your body. When it is done at a slow pace, like at least six rounds in one minute, suryanamaskar functions best in giving you the best benefits. A 200-hour online yoga teacher training helps you in learning Suryanamaskar perfectly.
- Trikonasana or the triangle pose: This asana assists in lessening the destroying effect of Diabetes on your kidneys which is one of the significant risks for diabetic patients. It assists you in having better digestion and body absorption.
- Bhujanagasana or the cobra pose: It is highly beneficial for making your spine very strong and enhancing your abdominal organs’ functionality. It supports digestion.
- Matsyasana or Fish pose This asana assists in the perfect toning of your abdominal organs in addition to your pancreas by stretching your abdominal muscles. When it is done with proper breathing, this asana assists you in encountering Diabetes.
- Shalabhasana or the locust pose: This pose is highly relevant in treating Diabetes because it pushes your abdominal organs, exercises your leg and back muscles, and relieves stress.
- Vajrayana: This pose assists you in controlling liver enlargement and also helps in stimulating your pancreas. It also aids in eliminating all extra fat that surrounds your tummy.
- Mandukasana: This practice is highly beneficial for those suffering from high blood sugar levels. It puts pressure on your pancreas and assists in the proper functioning of your abdominal organs.
- Padahastasana or hand under the foot pose: This pose also assist you in controlling your blood sugar level. This posture helps in stimulating your glands and organs present in your abdominal areas like the liver, kidneys, and pancreas. It assists in strengthening your abdominal muscles and enhancing abdominal organ functioning.
- Pavanmuktasana or wind-relieving pose: It is a yoga posture for releasing gas. It assists in compressing the whole body system that includes your liver, pancreas, and abdominal muscles. It helps you to remove the gas present in your abdomen. It also assists in getting rid of constipation which is one of the most common problems faced by diabetic patients.
In India, improper lifestyle, fatigue, along inactivity are the major contributors to the increasing cases of diabetic patients. So, get adapted to a healthy lifestyle that involves yoga, meditation, along a healthy diet.
Do yoga for at least one hour a day and keep yourself fit, fine as well as healthy!