Today, the world is going back to where it all began. The 5,000-year-old Yogic sciences have occupied every avenue of life. People have started realizing the umpteen benefits of yoga. Yoga can do a lot more than curing your digestive issues or de-stressing you. If you practice yoga regularly, it can also prevent many ailments in the years to come. You can start your yoga journey with the 200-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
What Is Pranayama?
Pranayama refers to a series of breathing exercises. These exercises clear the physical and emotional obstacles in the body and free the flow of prana. You can remove the blocks within your mind, body as well as soul. Moreover, you can channelize the energy thoroughly with the help of Pranayama. At Samadhi Yoga Ashram, you will get an insight into the various forms of Pranayama.
It is an irreplaceable part of yoga. Can you live without breathing? ‘No’. Moreover, it is the basis of all life on earth. Over a period of time, human beings develop the wrong pattern of breathing. It restricts energy flow to and from various parts of the body. Pranayama helps to relax and rejuvenate the entire being. The yoga teacher training in Rishikesh has pranayama as one of the components of the yoga syllabus.
5 Pranayamas You should practice daily
- Anulom-Vilom Pranayama: It is also called Nadi shodhana pranayama or alternate nostril breathing. It involves holding one nostril closed, while inhaling and then holding the other nostril closed, while exhaling. The pranayama helps to stabilize the blood pressure, and also aid in blood purification. It tends to reduce the risk of heart diseases and blood pressure. Additionally, you can improve your eyesight. You can practice this breathing technique for 2-5 minutes. You can undergo yoga teacher training in rishikesh and learn about this technique in detail.
- Bhramari Pranayama: You must have heard of the Indian black bee. ‘Bhramari’ means bee. The exhalation sound resembles that of the humming sound of the bee. It is one of the best breathing exercises to destress and calm your senses. You can also reduce your anxiety levels with the help of this technique. 5 repetitions are good to start with.
- Ujjayi Pranayama: Also called Ocean breath, this technique involves a soft hissing sound during inhalation. The sounds and their vibrations help the mind to focus. It is supposed to reduce snoring as well. Practice 10-12 times.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama: Also called the skull shining technique, Baba Ramdev has made it quite famous. You can improve the functioning of all the organs of your body. It also reduces belly fat and leads to weight loss. The technique involves passive inhalation of air and active exhalation. You have to inhale normally, and exhale with full force. Moreover, you have to draw your stomach in while exhaling the air. Perform this technique for 2-5 minutes each day.
- Shitali Pranayama: Roll your tongue into an O-shape, while inhaling air into the mouth. After this, you need to practice Jalandhar bandha. It is better called as a chin lock. Exhale the air after some time. Repeat this technique for 8-15 times. It helps to cool down the body. However, you ought to refrain from doing this in winters. You can train yourself to get over anxiety. The 200 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh includes all these breathing techniques.
At Samadhi Yoga Ashram, you can learn the techniques in practice, from the best gurus. It is the best yoga school in Rishikesh. These breathing techniques have a profound effect on the human body. Moreover, all the pranayama techniques combined increase cardiac function and help to manage blood pressure. There are more techniques. Once you master the basics, you can migrate to more complicated ones.