20 Health Benefits Of Adho Mukha Svanasana
Adho Mukha Svanasana is also known as the downward-facing dog pose because of the Sanskrit words Adho means downward, svan means dog, Mukha means face and Sana means asana or pose. There are numerous health benefits to this pose, and many yogis consider the health benefits of this pose to be the same as that of Sarvangasana. Sarvangasana can be difficult for those who are just starting out, but Adho Mukha Svanasana is easier to do, which is why many yoga practitioners start with this asana.
Let’s take a look at some of the health benefits of practicing
this yoga pose:
- All sorts of hair problems can be solved if your practice Adho Mukha Svanasana every day. Many individuals suffer from hair loss, greying hair as well as baldness, and bald patches. The pose helps increase blood flow to your head, which helps supply the nutrients to your hair.
- The asana can help keep cough and cold at bay by pumping oxygenated blood to your entire body.
- Many doctors recommend yoga poses to their patients. This is one of the yoga represents that is mostly recommended to patients who suffer from Adho Mukha Svanasana.
- If you suffer from a lot of digestion problems, gas, and acidity, this might be the only yoga pose that you need to include your everyday routine.
- Because the pose sends blood to your head, it reaches your ears and thus improves your hearing abilities.
- The pituitary gland in your body is crucial in maintaining the insulin level in your body and also for the proper functioning of the pancreas. The asana can affect the pituitary gland, thus helping all you diabetic patients.
- People have more and more problematic sexual lives due to sexual diseases like hydrocele, spermatorrhea, leucorrhoea, etc. Adho Mukha Svanasana can help keep sexual disorders at bay.
- The blood does not just rush to your scalp and ears; they reach your eyes too, which improves one of the vital senses, your eyesight.
- The asana is great for curing constipation and piles. Your bathroom will no longer be a place of pain.
- If expensive creams and regular spas and facials are not doing it for you, maybe you should look for other ways to achieve a glowing skin, which does not involve you spending lots of money on cosmetics! If you do Adho Mukha Svanasana every day soon, you will get healthy, glowing skin free from pimples and blemishes.
- It also helps cure swollen veins which are also known as varicose veins.
- The asana helps improve your memory and retaining power.
- If you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks, Adho Mukha Svanasana can really help you.
- For people who have difficulty falling asleep, Adho Mukha Svanasana can help you sleep better at night.
- It helps tone your legs and hands.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana increases your flexibility and makes you feel active.
- The pose strengthens your core.
- The pose helps you relax, which is why it is extremely beneficial for people having depression.
- It helps strengthen your shoulder and neck.
- You achieve strong calves and hamstrings.
The correct Adho Mukha Svanasana pose is important to get all these above-mentioned benefits.
Join our Upcoming yoga teacher Training Course to know more about the correct alignment and adjustment with proper explanation.