Kūrmāsana (Tortoise Pose) Health Benefits
Most people call it the Tortoise pose as well. It is one of the postures, that advanced practitioners of yoga can do. It is yet another pose, which involves bending the body forward, as in the Paschimottasana. Moreover, it is a great hip opener exercise. And, it also manages to give the hamstrings a good stretch. You will look like a tortoise when you are in this pose. The yoga teacher training India course will help you get the postures and breathing techniques right.
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika lists some yoga postures as extremely important to attain spiritual enlightenment. Many changes have occurred in between, but the basics remain the same. Kurma asana is one of the asanas that are considered very important in Hatha Yoga. At Samadhi Yoga Ashram, you will be able to master Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, and many more Multi-style forms. You can make a career as a yoga teacher, at any point in time. But you need to ensure to choose the right yoga school.
Yoga In Rishikesh – Authentic Training
You will be amazed to know, that the yogis and gurus, who are in practice and do sadhana for decades are the teachers at Samadhi Yoga Ashram. The asanas are just one facet of a career as a yoga teacher. You will also learn mastery over your breath. The ultimate destination for any yoga enthusiast is to achieve Kaivalya. You can do that if you are diligent enough. Let us explain the asana, called Kurmasana in detail.
The steps to achieve the body position is extremely simple.
- You have to start the asana, by sitting with your legs spread forward and back straight. It is better known as the Danda asana pose.
- In the next step, you have to spread your legs wide apart. There should be at least three feet distance between both feet.
- Bend your knees a little bit, and start to bend your torso forward.
- Tuck your arms beneath each knee, the left, and right, respectively. Spread and stretch the hands, as much as possible.
- The back of the knees will be placed on the arms. You have to ensure that the main upper body relaxes entirely on the legs.
- Extend the neck a bit forward, and place the chin on the floor. You have to continue breathing freely as you perform this exercise.
- When you are ready to come out of the pose, you need to slide the arms from underneath the knees.
You will get a deep stretch emanating from your body and legs. You can undergo Yoga in Rishikesh and enjoy the tranquil surroundings. The place has a huge role to play, in yoga. The Himalayan foothills are the perfect setting for your yoga journey. Unless the mind is focussed and pure, the results will be unattainable. You have to understand that Yoga has a lot to do with the mind and soul, as well.
Health Benefits Of Kurmasana
Asana has immense benefits for the body. Let us see what they are:
- It helps to make the respiratory system healthier. Breathing is the foundation of life. Moreover, this pose helps in massaging the organs inside the upper torso. The muscular contraction helps in increasing the flexibility of the body. You will also be more aware of your breathing patterns, as you do these exercises.
- If you suffer from lower back pain, Kurmasana can help you. When you fold the body forward, all the organs in the lower part of the body, and especially in the pelvic region gets a gentle massage. The back muscles help in rotation, flexibility, and also gives a range of motion.
- You will also feel the body’s metabolic power improving.
The asana also has some general benefits apart from the organ and function-specific ones listed above. You will learn how to perform this asana in the yoga teacher training in Rishikesh
- You can get a longer spine, as you stretch. The flow of blood through the spine also increases. Your body’s prana gets the perfect thrust as you perform this exercise.
- It also reduces stiffness around the lower back as well. When you perform the asana properly the lower back springs into action. Additionally, the nerves of the lower back region also get a massage.
- If you are suffering from sciatica, then the posture can alleviate the symptoms. The sciatic nerves which originate from the buttocks and goes towards each lower limb get a stretch and a massage. So, you get relief from the pain.
- It also cures sleep issues. It acts as a great way to relax the muscles of the body. The involvement of all the parts of the body, helps to make you feel tired and sleepy. Thus, it is a great cure for insomnia.
- You will also get relief from asthma. The forward bend will help your lungs and diaphragm expand.
These are the ultimate benefits of Kurmasana. You can practice this asana early in the morning to get the best benefits.